Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My little guy likes his home in my belly

I’m glad that Zachary is enjoying and thriving in his temporary home, however I am SOOOOOOO ready for this pregnancy to be over and for my little boy to be in my arms!

I was the biggest preggo in the doctors office today…I remember being the smallest and looking at the big ladies and wishing I was this close to holding my baby in my arms, not to mention being cute with a swollen belly.  Today I was the lady who got no sleep last night (I was up with nausea, back pain, Braxton Hicks and because I woke up from a dream where I was in labor and didn’t know it so I had to wait until I was certain it was just a dream, plus the usual snack and bathroom breaks), whose back was killing her, who couldn’t get up from the sofa when her name was called looking at the ladies who were 20-30 weeks along and remembering how good I felt.   

According to the doctor Zachary is healthy, he is still small (5 lb’s 8 oz)…I miscalculated the kilo to lb last week…this week I made sure he told me in both.  I was a little nervous going in today because for the past couple days I have been retaining a lot of water, I have had headaches and blurry vision…at first I assumed that it was from lack of sleep but after talking to a few people they made me nervous so I did what any concerned pregnant woman should do…I called the doctor…JUST KIDDING…I looked it up on the internet and decided that all signs pointed to preeclampsia.  Thankfully everything was normal at my appointment but I have decided not to check online anymore (we’ll see how that goes when I wake up at 4:00 am with some other strange symptom).  The doctor isn’t concerned at Zachary’s size because he is growing consistently and his movements continue to be strong. 

I was hoping to leave today with the doctor saying “any day now” instead he is pretty confident he will see me again at my next appointment next Monday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment