Thursday, December 29, 2011

Baby Proofed

Z man has been upset with me lately...
doesn't he look like a kid on TV that needs a sponsor?  I guess he isn't so "Bannanas over Mommy" at this moment
 We started off by blocking the entertainment table...Adam suggested buying a new flat screen and hanging it on the wall out of reach...I figured this $25 Craig's List find was a smarter choice:
 These are really starting to annoy me...they are hard to get out when I need to vacuum!
 I took the rummer tips off the door stops but my boy showed me that wasn't enough.  I used to let him sit here while I was in the kitchen and if I stopped hearing the spring I would pay more attention...one day the noise ended and I found Z-man with the door stop off the wall and in his mouth.

 Little did he know that this fun new box would turn into this...

 I didn't take into account when buying the "tall" gate that the lip of the counter top would make it so I couldn't use the extender...I did order a new short gate and will move this one to the office area.  Until then we won't be playing Dominoes.  So far it works!
I just have to remember not to put things so close to the gate.  He opened this Mountain Dew box  and tried to pick up a can from outside the gate.  It is really nice not to wonder what bit of food fell on the floor that Z is going to eat or getting on my hands and knees cleaning every time I cook.  I still clean...it's just not on my knees.  Hopefully he won't figure out how to get past the gate...

Frustrated it didn't work, but that won't stop him from trying again!

No comments:

Post a Comment