Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Meeting Santa!

Can I just say I loved teaching Kindergarten partly because we went to see Santa and I was able to interact with the big guy!  Now my excuse to see Santa is Zack...and I am guessing I can use him as an excuse for several more Christmases.  Will he remember this day? No...

Will he care that we took him to see Santa for his first Christmas? Probably Not...

Does Adam think I'm a little crazy for making this trip a major priority this Christmas?  Yes...but that didn't stop him from insisting on being there.
Adam was SUPER happy that I made him take a picture in the middle of the mall food court.
Adam had to work on Saturday (AKA cookie day) which means he gets a day off during the week.  This made both of us happy because the Sunday we tried to see Santa would have made us wait an hour and I have been to the mall several times and have seen NO line for Santa.  Seeing Santa on a Tuesday worked out perfectly!
So how did Zack feel about Santa?
Looking Santa up and down...every other picture is like this.  Poor Santa tried so hard to get Z to feel comfortable.
"Mommy who is this man????"  I have to say he was really brave, the whole time we were there he was whimpering but didn't break down until I covered my eyes in attempt to get him to laugh by playing peek-a-boo.
And after we got home I had to take some happy pictures of Z in his reindeer hat...

good thing I don't keep things for a scrapbook...
So proud of himself for getting this hat off his head...next he started eating it.
...and, yes I was the sucker who paid $15 for the official photo even though little man was not thrilled.  I figured it was $15 today, but in 20 years that little photo will be priceless!


2 comments:

  1. Ha! Mike thought it was silly because we aren't even going to do Santa, but it's a rite of passage in my opinion! Debby just wanted to pull on Santa's beard even though I was looking forward to a crying picture. And the pictures were $20 at Cary Towne Center, so be glad it was only $15. Your Santa at Crabtree was way better than the one at Cary Towne Center, too. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took the dogs for Santa pics a few years ago so heck yeah it was important, lol!

    ReplyDelete