To say I was a little bitter about not getting rent since May, to say that I was upset that renters treated our house so badly when we had been so forgiving about rent being late a lot of the time, to say I wanted justice...would be a MAJOR understatement.
Thankfully I am married to Adam Milton...a man who brings me back to reality whenever I freak out. I am a firm believer that you need both types of people in a marriage.
I was going to wait and post before and after pictures together but I have been trying to describe what needs to be done and I can't.
Ready???
Worst thing first...the carpet
 |
| In the living room...there were even stains under the obvious place they put an area rug...by the way the lightest color was how we left it. |
 |
| Hall to the garage and laundry room...funny thing is one of their requirements before moving in was to get the living room carpet professionally cleaned because there was a small stain. We rented a rug doctor and the stain came out and they were satisfied. |
 |
| close up of the grease stains by the garage door...plus the nast on the walls and baseboards. |
 |
| upstairs hallway...both Adam and I used the phrase "not that bad" after being downstairs. |
 |
| the bonus room...take note of the wood nailed into the wall and floor for a makeshift handrail...they aren't even sanded! Handrail is coming down. Plus you can't see in this photo but there are two big holes in the wall by the window. |
The Sunroom:
 |
| I'll be honest I have lived places for several years without dusting the fan. Basically if you dust and vacuum regularly and use the fan every once and a while I don't think it's necessary. This is build up from 3 years. |
 |
| There was a like new Berber carpet...but the dog (that wasn't supposed to be inside) tore it up so our tenants "laid tile" for us, |
A Few Other Issues
 |
| The Kitchen Floor...this stain came out no problem...what you can't wipe a spill? |
 |
| There were several blinds like this...the ones on the windows are brown |
 |
| The stains on the walls and the torn up baseboards |
and oh yeah...The Trash
Lindsay,
ReplyDeleteTake them to small claims court and do not give them a dime back from a deposit!
Stephanie :)
Im sorry this happened
Thanks, we really didn't want to go to court and the man already mentioned that he had doctors lined up to say that they were not physically able, or something like that. We don't want to fight we are just happy to be done with that. Besides I don't think we would see a dime from them. The deposit didn't even matter since they didn't pay rent for June or half of July. It was just an ugly situation and I don't want to give any more time.
DeleteOh dear Lindsay
ReplyDeleteSo sorry that you are having to deal with this!
I can tell you I do not miss being a landlord.
Prayers for an uneventful clean up
Dawn