Wednesday, July 28, 2010

3 Positive Tests


We planned on starting to work on getting pregnant at the end of the summer/early fall.  Well our plans don’t always pan out the way we expected.  I went to the doctor for a pre-appointment in June and he gave me some prenatal vitamins and said that I should go off the pill two or three months early.  And well apparently I got pregnant right away.  I took a pregnancy test after I was a little late and we both went in after 5 min. to look at it together.  At first glance I didn’t see anything but we both noticed a very light second line.  I took another test 3 days later and we had a darker line but it still wasn’t DARK.  At this point we were in Vietnam and I was convinced I was pregnant.  I had lots of cramps and an odd feeling in my belly plus looking back it explained why I had been so tired lately.  I had been up to working out at the gym 3 times a week (half hour of cardio and half hour of weight training) and I had felt like I could go all day, plus I was doing yoga daily and my wii fit when I wasn’t at the gym.  All of a sudden last Sunday I couldn’t make it through my whole workout.  Monday I pretty much laid around all day, Tuesday I tried to go to the gym again and I could only last 15 min before I started cramping up.  Wednesday we had the very faint test so when I went to the gym on Thursday I slowed down the workout allowing me to last 30 min.  BACK TO OUR SECOND TEST…I figured I better be pregnant because I couldn’t explain my sleepiness and my weird belly feelings any other way.  Adam needed another test so we bought one in Vietnam (the test I bought in China was the equivalent to about $1 US and the one in Vietnam was about $0.75 US….so we were a little worried about how well they worked).  Positive again.  Yesterday I made an appointment at the doctors in Hong Kong for Monday.  After I heard they would be taking a blood test before allowing me to have an appointment with the doctor I started getting paranoid about these tests being wrong and my symptoms are all in my head.  So on my outing this afternoon I plan on buying some more tests, different brands so that I feel sure before I get all the way to Hong Kong and have to come back because the Asian tests aren’t accurate.  We are planning on not telling anyone back in the US until we are three months into the pregnancy, just to make sure things are OK.  I will keep up this journal so that I don’t have to try to remember these stories to share with everyone once they know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment