Adam and I went to play golf today…Here is a little background on our history with golf…Adam’s past golf experience is limited to Putt Putt…My experience was growing up with 3 natural athletes who play golf, I have actually played before, I usually make it through 6 out of 9 holes and cause my family to have to let everyone and their mother pass us because it takes me 10 strokes for the average persons 1 stroke (not counting the times I swing and miss). After today we can now say we have golfed in China…which is truly an experience. After golfing in China I will never be able to golf anywhere else. First of all we arrived got out of the car, went to the changing area, walked through the back door where our bags, carts and personal caddy’s were waiting for us. My caddy was amazing! She only spoke a little English but (sorry mom and dad) she was the best golf teacher I have ever had. She brought me the right club to use, made sure I was lined up correctly, and would let me have a do over. A way to describe my golf game is short but straight. I hit the ball straight every time but it never went far enough to matter. Adam’s caddy was also pretty good, she encouraged him to skip hard shots and found his ball amazingly on the fairway every time even though I could have sworn it went into the water or the woods. Adam’s style was 1 out of 10 (1 out of 10 shots would be AMAZING but the others were sporadic…he was playing with too short clubs). I lost 3 balls (due to water being between my ball and the hole and my short shots).
FOR MOM: After the first 2 holes I had a score of 16 (5 on the first and 11 on the second) and realized that it was going to be hard to keep track of my own score. I knew you would be disappointed if I didn’t keep score so I asked the caddy to keep score…she must have realized that I wasn’t very good and I guess she didn’t want me to feel bad about my score so she fudged a little…I ended the first nine holes 3 below par, scoring a couple birdies.
No comments:
Post a Comment