My Australian friend Jodie is in Shenzhen this weekend with her brother and his family who are touring China.Her nephews are high school age (I think) and organized a basketball clinic for a very low income, rural school this morning.Jodie invited us to come if we weren’t too tired from our party.We were exhausted but went anyway.Adam got to help the boys teach basket ball skills, while I hung back and played with Louie and passed out Lollies and water.It was really cool.Jodie made up treat bags for the kids with things from Australia (a flag, a koala, kangaroo stickers etc..).I took lots of pictures before my battery ran out.I was really excited to see that the kids had English instruction (I am learning that English is something people need to know to succeed) and that most of the kids that came to the clinic were girls (and as Adam said they were better than the boys).The principal invited us up for tea and to say thank you (nothing like hot tea on a hot day).
No comments:
Post a Comment